USCC provides students with an opportunity to develop their own research ideas and compete against their peers within Queen’s and in other universities, giving them valuable experience in innovative thinking and effectively communicating their ideas.
- To facilitate and encourage student participation in the Scinapse Undergraduate Science Case Competition.
- Give students an opportunity to gain experience in researching and defending their ideas in the proper scientific format.
- Offer the chance for students to represent the Queen’s scientific community at Western University by presenting their idea and competing in the competition.
- Encourage undergraduate interest in scientific research, and give an outlet to approach real world problems creatively.
- Present opportunities for networking with other individuals and professionals within the scientific community.
- Provide support for students wishing to participate in the competition with workshops to guide them through the writing process, and to transport Queen’s top students to Western University to compete.
Alma Mater Society of Queen's University
L’Université Queen’s est située sur les terres traditionnelles des peuples Haudenosaunee et Anishinaabe.