QUMSA stands for the Queen’s University Muslim Students’ Association. We act as a focal point for Muslim students to meet for various acts of worship. We also seek to interact with other clubs and members of the Queen’s and Kingston community at large. QUMSA strives to create an inclusive and welcoming platform by organizing numerous social and educational events throughout the year, for instance, leading congregational Juma’ah prayers, providing Ramadan related services and meals on campus, hosting the annual Fast-a-Thon and Islam Awareness Week, multiple lectures, orphan sponsorship, movie nights, pot-luck dinners at the Islamic Centre of Kingston, providing weekly Halaqa’s and Arabic/Quranic lessons, and planning various brothers’ socials and sisters’ socials such as bowling, soccer games, paintballing, social dinners, and Henna Night! Day-to-day operations consist of unlocking prayer rooms that have been well maintained by executive members and making sure there are no problems concerning the comfort of those who use the prayer rooms. For Fridays, we set up carpets in a booked hall (usually MacLaughlin Hall in JDUC), as well as speaker systems that are all set up by QUMSA members. QUMSA strives to create an inclusive and welcoming platform by organizing numerous social and educational events throughout the year. For more information about us please feel free to contact us at email@example.com and find out more about us at www.qumsa.com. Also be sure to visit us on our Facebook group page, Instagram (@qumsa), Twitter (@qumsa), and Youtube accounts!
- To provide worship services to Muslim Students.
- To strengthen the bonds among Muslim students.
- To increase Islamic awareness and discredit misconceptions of Islam.
- To provide Muslim and Non-Muslim students with qualified speakers on Islam.
- To make Islam better understood by Muslim and non-Muslim students.
- To promote friendly relations between Muslim and Non-Muslim students at the university.
- To act as an educational and spiritual resource (from surviving that first exam to dealing with the social stresses of a new environment!).
- To provide opportunities for collectively meeting, discussing, and celebrating Islamic activities.
Alma Mater Society of Queen's University
L’Université Queen’s est située sur les terres traditionnelles des peuples Haudenosaunee et Anishinaabe.