Before the interview
– Do your research! Use myams.org to find out more about the service, office, or commission you are applying to and take time to read through the job description again. You can also refer to the AMS Hiring and Appointment Policy and Procedures Manual for more clarification on the interview process.
– Prepare and practice! Think about some common interview questions and what you would like to touch on before going into the interview. This will help you engage with the hiring panel and to not fumble over your words.
– Arrive on time!! If you are unable to make your scheduled interview time, don’t be afraid to reach out the relevant hiring panel for an alternative time or contact the Talent Acquisition Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org who will put you in touch with the right person(s).
– Write notes beforehand if this is something that would help you during the interview! It is okay to bring notes to the interview.
– The AMS is no AMS experience necessary. We encourage individuals to reflect on their life experiences and personal goals. Think about how your skills and accomplishments align with the position.
During the interview
– All AMS interviews will provide applicants with a hard copy of the interview questions and a pen. Take some time to reread the question and jot down notes to collect your thoughts.
– Don’t be afraid to ask for clarification if you are confused by a question.
– Show the hiring panel that you are perfect for the job by referring to relevant examples and life experiences.
– Be honest and be yourself. Show the hiring panel who you are, and what you have to offer!
After the interview
– Relax and congratulate yourself for completing the interview process!
– Following the last applicant’s interview, the hiring panel has 48 hours to contact you regarding the outcome of your application. If this needs to be extended, the hiring panel will contact you to inform you of this change in timeline.
– You can expect an email or a phone call regarding the outcome of your application status
– If you have any questions about your interview or would like to see your interview notes, please contact the director of Human Resources at email@example.com