Housing Resources

Housing Anywhere
Queen’s University is a partner of HousingAnywhere.com, the international student-to-student housing platform. Students who are coming from abroad to Kingston can find & book a student room on www.HousingAnywhere.com. The rooms on this platform are offered by our students that go abroad for a study abroad semester, exchange, Erasmus or internship. Using the platform itself is completely free for you as a student; when you make a concrete booking an administrative fee will be charged as a part of Housing Anywhere’s secure booking system.
Website: https://housinganywhere.com/

Holiday Housecheck 
Holiday Housecheck is a service in which Queen’s students, employed by the AMS Municipal Affairs Commission, will collect your house’s mail and conduct a full exterior check twice weekly over the December break. This exterior check includes ensuring that all doors are closed and locked, all windows are closed and intact, examining the premises for a sign of break-in, and contacting the tenant, landlord, and/or police in the event of an incident.
Contact: municipal@ams.queensu.ca 
Booking: http://myams.org/holiday-housecheck-form/

Housing Resource Centre 
The Housing Resource Centre offers support for students who are experiencing a conflict with a landlord or housemate in a safe and confidential space. Trained student volunteers can also answer questions and provide information on property standards, leases, tenant rights, house hunting, home security, and more.
Website: https://www.facebook.com/AMS.HRC?fref=ts
Contact: hrc@ams.queensu.ca 
Address: JDUC 040

Kingston Property Standards 
The City has a Property Standards Bylaw and a Yards Bylaw which set out the minimum standards for building and property maintenance within the city. Standards prescribed in these Bylaws are intended to outline the reasonable maintenance and upkeep of yards, buildings and properties.
Website: https://www.cityofkingston.ca/resident/property-standards
Contact: 613-546-4291x 4921

Queen’s Community Housing 
Community Housing manages the student rental properties owned by Queen’s University. This includes two apartment complexes located at west campus – An Clachan and John Orr Tower – as well as a variety of apartments and houses in the Student Village (Core Rentals) around campus.
Website: http://community.housing.queensu.ca/
Contact: 613.533.2501
Address: 169 University Avenue, Kingston