This section has crucial pieces of information to help you apply for any AMS position from a salaried staff to a general volunteer! If you can’t find the answer to your question on this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must be an AMS member. Members must have paid the full slate of AMS student activity fees. If you have opted-out of optional student activity fees, you are still eligible.
- You must be in good academic standing as defined by your program.
- You must be enrolled in at least 60% of a full course load as defined by your program.
- If you are enrolled as a part-time student you are eligible only if you have opted-in to the full student fee slate prior to applying.
Part-time hourly positions (applying in the Fall)
- Same terms as above including one or more of the below criteria
- You must be in your first year of study at Queen’s, have been on exchange or otherwise studying off-campus as a requirement of your academic program during the winter hiring period, or have been awarded work-study funding that will be applied towards the position for which they are applying.
- If you do not fulfill one or more of the above criteria and were unable to apply during the winter hiring period due to extenuating circumstances, please contact the Human Resources Officer at email@example.com.
- The AMS is an equal-opportunity employer and will strive to provide interview accommodations if brought to our attention
- Interviews typically last anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes
- If you need directions to any of the interview rooms, please visit the Student Life Centre front desk, located at the entrance of the JDUC
- AMS interviews will be conducted by a panel of 2-5 interviewers depending on the position
- AMS positions are no experience necessary, and thus interviews will focus on merit and situational based questions
- AMS interviews typically ask 3-7 questions
- Interview times will be posted 24 hours after the application deadline, and interview results will be posted 24 hours after the last interview takes place, in accordance with our hiring policy and procedure